The way you present your company online directly impacts your ability to get found by your target audience, pique their interest, build trust, engage with them, and help them. In this video, I share a real-life example of how to build a digital content strategy to build your brand.
The example I use is one from our in-house digital content efforts. Most of the content we’ve developed so far has been general sales and marketing strategies and tactics applicable to any industry. However, we recently decided to target an industry niche – biotechnology. We have a customer in the space, and they are a good fit for us. We are confident we can add value to other biotech, Medtech, or digital health organizations, so we felt it made sense to make the investment!
To help build our brand to sellers and marketers in biotech, we created a digital content strategy to capture their interest and SEO mojo for terms like “biotech content marketing.” The steps include:
- Develop buyer personas
- Identify the purpose and audience
- Choose target keywords or phrases
- Draft a topic and outline
- Create a fully developed outline
- Create each content piece and marketing assets
- Publish and promote as each piece is completed
- Create the final content offer
- Promote, promote, promote!
Here are a few additional resources that may help you put together your own content strategy:
- Resources for Creating Buyer Personas
- SEO Basics to Get Your Biotech Found Online
- 8 Steps to Creating a Customer-Centric Content Strategy
- Writing Tip: Create an Outline First
At the time of this writing, we posted 3 of the 7 articles we mapped out. Even though we have a ways to go before the entire content project is complete, we have gotten a couple of website visits from some large biotech companies, so things are moving in the right direction! The right digital content strategy can help you get the right results.